Upcoming Events for Alumni, Families, and Supporters
Boat Race Weekend is fast becoming a festival of rowing, and there are a number of occasions to meet and celebrate the achievements of our crews and our Club.
The link below details ways the Club can support crews wishing to organise reunions. We particularly invite crews with years ending in ‘4 and ‘9 to get in touch in the lead up to this year’s races.
📅 Wednesday 13 March | Battersea Power Station
For the first time in recent Boat Race history the Crew Announcements will take place in public. The evening event will be staged in the iconic Battersea Power Station. The moment where the Oxford and Cambridge Blue Boats are announced will be held in Turbine Hall B on Wednesday 13 March in front of press, media, friends and family and sports fans from all over London.
There is no need to book a place, just arrive in plenty of time to get a ring side seat!
- 12:00 – 14:00 Come and take your selfie with the Trophies
- Have lunch with your friends and enjoy an afternoon of shopping, or admire the amazing engineering and history of Battersea Power Station, and coffee in one of the many eateries
- 16:00 – Have your photo taken with the trophies (once their finished at the crew photos)
- 18:00 – Q&A session with top alumni including; Freddie Davidson, Dave Ambler, Imogen Grant, Angus Groom, Tom George, Ollie Wynn-Griffith and Erin Kennedy MBE.
- 19:30 – Introduction to evening hosted by Andrew Cotter of BBC Sport
- 20:00 – Women’s Blue Boat announcement
- 20:20 – Men’s Blue Boat announcement and weigh in
- 20:40 – Enjoy the bars and restaurants in Battersea Power Station
The reserve crews from Oxford and Cambridge will be announced by the respective Clubs and Universities online on Thursday 14 March, with the lightweight crews from Oxford and Cambridge announced online on Friday 15 March.
For the Gemini Boat Races, along with the Lightweight, Veterans’, and Reserve Races, there are a number of places from which to join what is a true weekend of varsity rowing.
📅 Friday 29 March
2024 Lightweight Boat Race and Veteran’s Races
The Boat Race Company invites you to the Oxford and Cambridge Supporters’ Party at London Rowing Club.
- Women’s Lightweight Boat Race – 14:13
- Women’s Veterans’ Race – 14:33
- Men’s Veterans’ Race – 14:53
- Men’s Lightweight Boat Race – 15:13
CUBC Supporters Gathering
(following the Lightweight Boat Race and ahead of the Boat Race)
Please join us on the ground floor of the Duke’s Head in Putney at 5:30pm for a gathering of Cambridge alumni, parents and supporters, the men’s and women’s lightweight crews and their coaches, along with members of the Club’s Rowing and Management Board and Foundation Council. The event is an opportunity to meet other Cambridge supporters and socialise following the Lightweight Boat Race and ahead of the Boat Race. All Cambridge supporters are welcome. A cash bar will be available.
📅 Saturday 30 March
The 2024 Gemini Boat Race
There are a number of ways to enjoy the 2024 Gemini Boat Race.
- Women’s Boat Race – 14:46
- Blondie v Osiris (Women’s Reserve Race) – 15:01
- Goldie v Isis (Men’s Reserve Race) – 15:16
- Men’s Boat Race – 15:46
- Morning training from 07:30
- Crew arrivals from 12:20 Women’s and 12:55 Men’s
- The coin toss conducted by Boat Race Umpires
- Women’s Coin Toss: 12:40 led by Olympian Richard Phelps
- Men’s Coin Toss: 13:15 led by Olympian Sir Matthew Pinsent
- Crews exit the boathouses from 14:00
Broadcast Coverage of The 2024 Boat Race
The Boat Race continues to attract global audiences and there will be opportunities for fans all around the world to watch The Boat Race live. For many countries this will be via specific national broadcasters. Spectators will be able to view live coverage and recordings on The Boat Race Youtube channel, pending any regional restrictions.
Boat Race Hospitality
Crabtree Boat Club (Putney Embankment)
Crabtree Boat Club invites you to watch the 2024 Boat Races from the boathouse on Putney Embankment. The boathouse will be open from 11am, providing hot food as well as the usual bar (card payments), a raised platform for a good view of the river and big screens to follow the race.
Tideway Scullers’ School (Finish Line)
Alumni, parents, and supporters are invited to book hospitality at Tideway Scullers School by emailing [email protected]. These tickets are subject to availability and are sold on a first come, first served basis. Food, tea, and coffee will be served with doors opening at 1:00pm. Tickets are £25 per adult and £15 for children under 16.
Premium Hospitality (Putney Embankment)
The Boat Race Company also offers premium hospitality packages to both Oxford and Cambridge supporters at London Rowing Club, for those interested.
Gemini Boat Race Official Spectator Areas
The Gemini Boat Race Official spectator areas are free to enter and offer excellent views, delicious street food and drinks. Located in Fulham and Hammersmith within easy access of public transport hubs. Fan parks open at 12:00.
The 2024 Boat Race Dinner
The 2024 Boat Race Dinner will be held at the Royal Lancaster after the Gemini Boat Races on Saturday 30th March, 2024. The dinner is the perfect setting in which to welcome and to celebrate those who have just earned life membership to CUBC through their racing in the Boat Race and the Lightweight Boat Race. Members organising a crew reunion are requested to notify the Club of their year to facilitate their crew being seated together. Ticket prices for students are subsidised from attendees’ ticket revenue, but contributions towards further support of the Club are welcome.
Members are advised to book places at the dinner early; prices will rise by £20 on 4 March 2024 to accommodate last minute fees associated with the venue.
In case you missed it, an email was delivered to all parents in January containing information about Race Day hospitality, amongst other important updates.